Owl's Acre Seed

  • Primula
  • Gold Laced Hose-in-Hose Primula

Gold Laced Hose-in-Hose Primula

5.00
goldlaceHH.jpg

Gold Laced Hose-in-Hose Primula

5.00

In the late nineteenth and early twentieth century the Hose-in-Hose form of the Gold Laced Primula was very highly prized indeed. The well known Gold Lace selection was a popular florist flower in the late eighteenth and nineteenth century and the Hose-in-Hose form was looked upon as a specialist development from the best normal flowered types. Seed raised strains have been all but forgotten but thanks to the work of the National Collection Holder, Dr Margaret Webster, Gold Laced Hose-in-Hose seed is available once more through Owl's Acre. Please note that this selection is not yet fully true breeding and will produce 75% Hose-in-Hose seedlings with the remaining 25% being the normal single flowered type.

Quantity:
Add To Cart

In the late nineteenth and early twentieth century the Hose-in-Hose form of the Gold Laced Primula was very highly prized indeed. The well known Gold Lace selection was a popular florist flower in the late eighteenth and nineteenth century and the Hose-in-Hose form was looked upon as a specialist development from the best normal flowered types. Seed raised strains have been all but forgotten but thanks to the work of the National Collection Holder, Dr Margaret Webster, Gold Laced Hose-in-Hose seed is available once more through Owl's Acre. Please note that this selection is not yet fully true breeding and will produce 75% Hose-in-Hose seedlings with the remaining 25% being the normal single flowered type.